-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Friday, December 17, 2010

Red Faberge Egg ATC

I'm working on a series of four Faberge Egg ATCs and this is the second in the series. To see the first click here.  The engineering on this one was more complicated than the first as I wanted the white swan to appear in the middle, whether or not the egg is opened or closed.


I purchased the German Scrap (black swan, laurel leaves, and decorative gold piece under the white swan) from Collage Stuff.  I added the gold to the black swan using gold Rub’n Buff.  I purchased the metal charms & findings from Fancifuls Inc.  I purchased the metal picture frame from Ebay.  I painted the metal items first with black, then lightly with gold, then I applied gold Rub n’ Buff.  The point of this process was to give them dimension.

10 comments:

deb said...

wow! Do you make the "egg " itself? They are really stunning!

Robin said...

Incredibly beautiful!!

Hugs,
Robin

Kris Dickinson said...

I'm awe struck! Totally in love with this series. If Nicholas and Alexandra were still alive they would want one of your exquisite eggs.

Sue Young said...

Stunning,Laura!!!Where are you findint the little clasps???I have trouble findingniceones like this...
YOU REALLY SHOULD SUBMIT THIS SERIES TO SOMERSET MAGAZINE!!!!!(I know,I'm yelling!!! to get your attention!!!)

debi said...

That is AMAZING!! Absolutely STUNNING!

Joanne said...

I've run out of expletives for your creations and now just sit here 'gob smacked' at every one.
Luv Joanne xx

Rella said...

This is so stunning I can't stand it! Beautiful work...just beautiful!!

xox Rella

Unknown said...

Amazing!

April said...

This is truly breathtaking! I love the frame and all the elements. Great job Laura!

Anastasia said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I absolutely love this one. The way it opens is quite ingenious.