-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Living a Boy’s Adventure Tale

The name of this piece is inspired by the A-ha song  “Living a Boy’s Adventure Tale” (I’m a big fan).  It is also my “nod” to the Land of Nod Studios blog.  The images of the boys are ones where Deborah colorized black and white photos and offered them as part of her Free Photo Fridays.  The boys have created a flying machine from a copper bathtub and umbrellas.  I rusted the brass ships wheel and anchor.  Later this week I’ll be posting a tutorial on rusting.

24 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful imagination you have!

Jo said...

oh .... gee, this is amazing !

Victoria said...

This piece is wonderful, what a great imagination!!!!! How large is it? It's just great

Robin said...

How absolutely adorable these boys are in their tub!!

Hugs,
Robin

landofnodstudios said...

Oh my goodness Laura, the boys look so amazing and your flying tub is to die for. What a wonderful creation!!!

DVArtist said...

I LOVE this!!! The entire piece has a wonderful feel to it.
Nicole/Beadwright

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is totally stunning. Fabulous in every way. penny

Elaine A said...

Laura -

This is such an outstanding piece of art! I love how your mind works, awesome results. GORGEOUS!

Elaine Allen

Happy Easter!

Createology said...

I immediately thought when looking at this art that it should be in a fine gallery for all to view. It is fabulous and I love the whimsey of this piece. Happy creating...

Kris Dickinson said...

Another triumph Laura! I LOVE this! Kris

Hester said...

Laura,

Love the fish, love the umbrellas, it just looks great!

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Totally awesome!!! Always love your work.

Terri said...

Love the whimsy of this piece!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Absolutely amazing! Your art work is truly wonderful!

Daniele said...

wow how wonderful is that
hugs

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your new steampunk creations Laura, so creative and wonderful use of Deb's images!!

Angie said...

Oh Laura...I love it! Very whimsical, colorful and with a steampunk look too. All the details are just eye-popping.

Wishing you a great week,

Angie

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is exquisite! Fabulous and fanciful. I love the fact that it's a steampunk piece but still has bright colors in it. Love everything about it!

Gina Peake said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Just when I think you can't possibly top what you have already done...you go and do this!!! Amazing!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Really clever and dahling.

Joanne said...

how you come up with things like this I will never know.
Luv Joanne xx

smokeysmom said...

Where on earth did you find the copper tub? I love this!!

Sue Young said...

What an incredible piece,Laura. Amazing.Simply amazing. I bow to your talent,my friend!
Sue

Anonymous said...

where is it from, may I show it on my blog?
Herzlich Pippa