-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweet Nothings Paper Fan

This simple heart shaped fan was made from the Sweet Nothings 6 1/2” paper pack that you can find at Alpha Stamps.  The package comes with a variety of pattern sheets including gold foiled paper.  It also contains images, tags and borders.  I used the patterned paper for the fan blades and then on each blade I collaged a variety of images from the paper pack. As a final touch I inked the blade edges and added gold stickers and rub-ons. 
The fan is held together with a cherub button.  I threaded a piece of wire through the shank of the button.  The wire acts as a stop to keep the shank in place.  I bent the wire in the back, glued it and covered the wire and hole with gold stickers.

The ribbon running along the back acts as a stop to keep the fan from opening too far.  I used a heart shaped punch to punch little hearts.  I used the hearts to cover the points where the ribbon is glued to the blades
Happy Valentine’s Day!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome!!!
love it :D
Happy Valentine's Day
~victoria~

JoAnne said...

Thank you Laura. Happy Valentines Day!

Sarah said...

A vintage beauty!
Have a sweet Valentine's Day!!

Hester said...

Laura

Just beautiful!

Happy Valentine's Day to you...

Elaine A said...

This is so beautiful Laura! Thank you so much for the tutorial and template. Happy Valentine's Day!

Elaine Allen

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! I love, love, LOVE this. . . thank you for the template! I'll be making some of these tonight.

Martina said...

Really adorable!
Thank you so much, dear Laura!

maj. said...

Fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!

Dorthe said...

This is pure Rococco beauty, Laura-so wonderful.
Thanktyou for the download ,dear,and happy Valentine`s.
Dorthe

2amscrapper said...

beautiful!

Ann said...

so beautiful!!
thanks so mu h!
have a lovely Valentine's Day!

Annette said...

ok you keep tempting me, so I HAD to order the pad. Some of this talent has GOT to rub off on me. : ) xoxo

Createology said...

This is beautiful and very feminine. Lovely way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Happy Hearts to you...

karen hess jewelry said...

so very lovely, Laura. Thank you for sharing this sweet creation.
xox
Karen

Zaa said...

I love the heart shaped fan Laura.... My flickr group is in the midst of creating a a fan for the " Age of Elegance " project and you blog and artistry are such an inspiration ..thank you for sharing your fabulous talents with us. Hope you don't mind me giving them your blog address.... HUGS