-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Monday, June 11, 2012

Coo Coo Clock Designed for Alpha Stamps

As soon as I found out that this month’s theme at Alpha Stamps was birds and saw the chipboard bird houses (pictured below) I thought coo coo clock!  At the top is an opening for the bird to pop in and out of.  On the ledge are figures that on a real elaborate clock would circle the clock coming in and out of doors on each side.
I used a matchbox to accommodate the gears, pendulum and weights.
I cut off one end of the matchbox drawer.
I attached the mechanics inside of the matchbox drawer using glue and a brad.
I covered the matchbox casing with paper and glued the drawer into the casing.  Lastly, I glued the matchbox to the back of the clock.
I made the ledge by cutting a name plate into two pieces, inking the one piece and gluing it to the clock.
Alpha Stamps Supplies Used:
OrnateName Plates Used for the ledge
Cameo Frames:Circles
Corrugated Brass Pears - Used for the weights
Lace Edge Oval Settings - Used for the pendulum
Stay tuned for more bird art using the Chipboard Bird House Shapes!

22 comments:

Rhea said...

I love this project Laura! You are such an inspiration.

Redanne said...

Wow Laura, how clever are you! This is a wonderful piece and looks so real - it is amazing.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

amazing piece, such attention to detail, great design and a wonderful idea. Tracy x

Unknown said...

How do you come up with this stuff!?! Fabulous! I love it!

Cindy said...

This is outstanding. Very smart the way you placed the gears and pulls. Brilliant idea. Very pretty coo-coo clock.

Shelley said...

Truely amazing! Love it.

artwolf2009 said...

what a wonderful idea

johala said...

Fantastic! Really original! I'll put a post on you and your blog on the 18 on mine!
Hugs and kisses

Daniele said...

another inspirational piece Laura
hugs

MaRyKaY said...

this is gorgeous. I love how you did the pendulum. Thanks for sharing that bit of knowledge with us. That's cool. How in the world do you come up with such great idea's.? I would love to get inside your head and pick at your brain. Totally gorgeous.

Terri Daugherty said...

Geez Laura, this is stunning! You make me want to run home and start looking for birds and a pendulum!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Laura that is so brilliant I nearly got up and hugged my real coo coo clock!!
I am always astounded by your creativeness!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic project, love it!!

Art From The heart said...

There are no words!
Just amazing is all I can say !!!!!!!!!
Hugs

chrissie said...

Fantastic and so many inspirational ideas.

xxx

Unknown said...

Quelle merveilleuse réalisation à nouveau.

Joanne said...

You can almost hear the clock ticking. Amazing.
Hugs Joanne xx

Lululiz said...

Unbelievable, what an incredible piece! Thank you so much for showing us all the different steps.

Martina said...

Laura, this project
is beyond gorgeous! It takes my breath away!
Fantastic piece of art!

Anonymous said...

Your creations never cease to amaze me!

Jess said...

This is awesome! TFS!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is stunning just stunning. you are brilliant ..thanks for sharing your art with us.
susan s.