-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shadow Box Book – Spells & Magic

 “I’ve Put a Spell on You, And Now You’re Mine”
This is a book I intended to include in the third apothecary tutorial “Books, Coffins and Cauldrons”.
The cover and spine of this book is constructed the same as all of the other books in the tutorial.  The covers of this book are 4 ½” x 3”.  The size will fit in the apothecary I demonstrated in the tutorial.
The difference is in the inside where there is a box made from chipboard.  All I did was cut four pieces of chipboard (2 long pieces and two short pieces) so that when glued to each other they would create a frame slightly smaller than the book cover.  The depth of the frame is up to you.  My frame is 5/8” deep.  You don’t need a back as the back book cover gives you the back.  I would recommend that make your frame first before assembling your book so that you make sure the spine of the book is big enough to accommodate the frame and you can close your book. 
The frame creates a great niche for dimensional embellishments.  I draped spider webbing that I purchased at the craft store around the front of the frame.
Supplies Used In This Piece

10 comments:

Rhea said...

Awesome idea. I had something similar that was already made and I loved altering it. It never occurred to me to replicate it like this! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Bravo pour cette magnifique création, j'aime beaucoup.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Awesome as usual!

Henny said...

What a great book! Well done!!
Henny

genagirl said...

Amazing!!

ann said...

Amazing I love what you have done xx

Olga Siedlecka said...

This may be called the spooky art!

Ginger said...

There are not enough hours in the day to do all of your great projects! I'm doing Halloween all year-you inspire me so much!

Electra said...

I love this. The webbing adds the perfect creepy touch!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

love this !